It’s been a little over a month since we announced our plan to adopt (and three months since we began this journey), so I thought I would give you a short update on where we are in the process.
We are overwhelmed by God’s provision through your financial support after our announcement! Because of you, we have raised enough money through our t-shirt fundraiser to pay for the next home study fee! Thank you! We honestly did not know how successful fundraising would be (especially selling t-shirts!), but we see God working through our meager efforts.
But we still have a long way to go! We still need about $2,000 by the end of the home study process in order to go active and start showing our family profile to expectant mothers! Once the home study is completed, we’ll be able to start applying for grants, but until then, we are working hard to save and make extra funds, and we are trusting that God will provide in his perfect timing.
Our next fundraiser is hosted by our friend Molly Nelson, a Noonday Collection Ambassador. Noonday designs and sells jewelry and accessories made by artisans across the globe. When you shop our Adoption Trunk Show, Noonday donates 10% of your purchase to our adoption fund! Christmas is just around the corner, so check some gifts off your list while supporting our adoption! You can start shopping here: Bit.ly/BroderickFamAdopt.
We’ve completed our first home study interview, and we are working on the paperwork for the rest of the home study process. Right now, we are getting physical exams and writing our “autobiographies.” This is a long document where we detail our personal history, including our family relationships, childhood, marriage, parenthood, employment, etc. It’s a draining task to complete, mentally and emotionally, but we are excited to be moving forward in the process. Our hope is that we will be able to start showing are profiles to moms by January!
The most important thing you can be doing for us right now is praying. The home study process can be exhausting, and we are constantly reminding ourselves of the truth of the Gospel to get us through the tough moments. Here are a few ways you can be specifically praying:
- Pray that Joseph and I would prioritize our marriage and would grow in our love and trust for one another. Pray that we would continue to seek out ways we can develop as godly parents to Karis and to our future little one.
- Pray that Karis would continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ. Pray that we would intentionally disciple and train her with patience, wisdom, and gentleness.
- Pray that we would trust God to provide the funds needed throughout the adoption process. Pray that we would also trust his timing as we wait for our future son or daughter.
- Pray that through the adoption process, we might be able to share the hope of the Gospel–that through the sacrifice of his own Son, God adopted us into his family!
- Pray for our social workers, Renee and Grace, and our adoption agency, Lifeline Children’s Services, as they guide us through the adoption process.
- Pray for the mother that God has sovereignly planned to choose us to parent her child. Pray that he would prepare her heart right now to choose life for her child and eternal life in Christ.
Thank you for walking this journey with us. It truly takes a village!